Student Success Center (SSC)
The Student Success Center (SSC) is located on the second floor of the Library-Student
Success Center (L-SSC) building. We welcome all Compton College students to explore
the resources available to improve their chance at success. We offer free in-person
and online tutoring for indivduals and small groups, study rooms available by reservations,
and a computer lab with up to date software and printing.
The SSC offers in-person tutoring for the following subjects: English (reading and
writing), math (all levels), chemistry, anatomy, chemistry, engineering, ESL, Spanish,
anthropology, political science, and history.
Schedule an In-Person Tutoring Session
- The maximum allotted time for in-person tutoring is 2 consecutive hours, per subject, per day.
- Students are permitted 2 "No Show" in-person tutoring appointments per month. Students who exceed this limit will lose their ability to self-schedule future in-person tutoring appointments.
- Students must wear a mask at all times and practice reasonable social distancing during
their tutoring session.
More information and schedules are available:
Math and Science
Reading and Writing
In addition to in-person tutoring, the SSC offers online tutoring via Zoom and NetTutor.
Students can join Zoom online tutoring sessions by clicking on a tutor's Zoom link
directly. Please click on the appropriate tutoring support page below to access schedules
and for detailed online tutoring guidelines.
Math and Science
Reading and Writing
The CCC's California Virtual Campus-Online Education Initiative (CVC-OEI) partnered with Link-Systems International Inc. to offer tutoring resources that augment local college tutoring services. Currently, NetTutor allows the SSC to extend its support services beyond what is available on ground; specifically, for high-demand subjects such as statistics, chemistry, anatomy, and English. NetTutor is available year-round, 24/7, on demand for live tutoring, question drop-off, and writing feedback. Like Compton College SSC tutors, NetTutor tutors are highly-qualified and trained to College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) standards.
Students must access NetTutor through Canvas.
Reserve A Study Room
Call the SSC Front Desk to reserve a study room: (310) 900-1600 ext. 2535.
Reservations are first come first serve.
- Students are permitted 2 "No Show" study room reservations per month.
- Students who exceed this limit will lose their ability to reserve a study room in the future.
- All students must wear a mask at all times and practice safe social distancing inside the SSC.
- Students are permitted to utilize the software available on computers relating to their course
- Students are expected to follow policies on proper equipment and noise etiquette while in the computer lab
- Students must wear a mask at all times and practice reasonable social distancing during their tutoring session.
We thank you for your patience as we work to improve academic support services for Compton College students. We encourage students to check this page regularly for updates and announcements. Students can email SSC staff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students can also contact the SSC Coordinator directly at email@example.com.
SSC Mission Statement
The mission of the Student Success Center (SSC) is to maintain a welcoming and supportive atmosphere where all students at Compton College can become aware of and achieve their specific academic goals. Student's commitment to lifelong learning is cultivated through diverse and active learning experiences and collaboration with peers, tutors, staff, and faculty. The SSC provides resources and services that foster and promote both intellectual development and independent learning.
Spring 2023 Hours:
Tutoring Center Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Saturday (Online Only) 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Computer Lab Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.