Dial 911 from any campus phone; for Compton College Police "911 emergencies" from
mobile phones, call 310-900-1600, ext. 2999.
All members of the campus community are strongly encouraged to read and understand
these procedures BEFORE an emergency occurs.
Be prepared: Please re-familiarize yourself with these procedures on a regular basis.
BEFORE THE EMERGENCY
- Be aware of your surroundings and stay prepared.
- Find your primary AND secondary exits.
- Identify your location's evacuation area. (Contact the instructor or Building Captain)
- Take note of the nearest fire alarm pull station, emergency phones, office phones,
and campus pay phones.
- Have personal contact information handy.
- Keep halls and exits clear.
- Correct or report hazardous conditions.
- Individuals with disabilities should use the "buddy system" to identify others available
to provide assistance. At least two "buddies" should be identified at the beginning
of each class, term, project, or job-ask your instructor or supervisor, or contact
the Special Resource Center.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to foresee every potential scenario. Individuals
are advised to use his or her best judgment in applying these and other procedures
in the event of any emergency. Your safety and the well-being of others depend on
good decisions and seeking and obtaining the services of established emergency personnel
(police, fire, medical, and Building Captains) in any emergency.