Student Equity Program
Compton College Vision Statement
Compton College will be the leading institution of student learning and success in higher education.
Compton College Values
- Student-centered focus in providing students the opportunities for success.
- Excellence as a premier learning institution recognized for outstanding educational programs, services, and facilities.
- Supportive and nurturing guidance in a professional and caring environment
- Dedication to our commitment to our diverse community through partnerships with local schools, universities, and businesses.
- Innovation in adapting new ideas, methods, and techniques to further student learning and achievement.
- Fiscal integrity in the transparent and efficient use of financial resources to support student success.
Student Equity Staff
|Lydell K. Willis||Director, Basic Needs & Student Successfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Oluwatosin Williams||Student Services Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Dr. Lewis||Student Advisorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pamela Hembrick-Godfrey||FKCE Program Technicianemail@example.com|
|Student Equity Main Office||Front Desk||310-900-1600, ext, 2509|
Compton College Student Equity Plan (2022-2025)The Compton College Student Equity Plan (2022-2025) provides a guide to address equity in intentional ways aligned with the college's existing efforts and plans, such as the Compton College 2023 Comprehensive Master Plan, as well as the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office Vision for Success. The plan highlights the five state-defined equity metrics: Successful Enrollment,Complete Transfer-level Math and English, Persistence from First to Second Primary Term, Transfer, and Completion.
This Plan builds from former equity work at the college and was developed with a race-conscious and collaborative approach involving input from various college stakeholders. Further, this Plan provides a new lens focused on identifying structural equity barriers at the college. Finally, this Plan establishes a local equity statement and identifies current disproportionately impacted groups that will be the focus of equity efforts for the next three years
Compton College Executive Summary 2019-2022