Formerly Incarcerated Students in Transition (F.I.S.T.)
The Formerly Incarcerated Students in Transition (FIST) program helps students redirect
their lives and rebuild their social credibility. The program goal is to prevent recidivism.
FIST students participate in activities both on and off campus. During the every-Thursday meetings workshops and guest speakers are presented. Participants receive books, school supplies, technology, and one-on-one assistance to help develop knowledge, confidence, and leadership skills.
Services Offered for F.I.S.T. Students
- Assistance with registration and class scheduling
- Dedicated staff that works directly with F.I.S.T. students
- Career services assistance
- Grants for school supplies, books, and equipment for career education programs
- Field trips
- Peer mentoring
- Connections to community-based organizations
|Dr. Joseph Lewis||Student Services Advisoremail@example.com|