SSC Computer Lab
The SSC has a new, sophisticated, central, instructional computer lab which includes state-of-the-art computers connected to our network. The computer lab is located on the second floor of the library and is designated for registered Compton College students. The computer lab contains 100 personal computer systems-- interconnected via a high-speed, Ethernet network-- print stations, and copy machines. In addition, the computer lab offers a wide array of software including the latest MS Office package, desktop publishing.
A valid MyCompton username and password ID are required to use and access any of the computers in the computer lab. All computers have student network access to printing, email, and the Internet. Instructional Assistants are available to provide instructional support to students and faculty during the hours of operation.
In-Person Computer Lab Services
Walk-ins are welcome, but appointment-booking is highly encouraged for efficiency and sanitation purposes.The Spring 2023 SSC Computer Lab hours of operation are:
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- The maximum allotted time for computer usage is 2 consecutive hours, per day.
- Students are permitted 2 "No Show" computer lab reservations per month. Students who exceed this limit will lose their ability to reserve a computer in the future.
- All students must wear a mask at all times and practice safe social distancing inside the SSC Computer Lab.
- All employees and students are required to follow the Entry to Campus Protocol, including wearing masks while indoors.
SSC Computer Lab Proper Etiquette:
- Treat all computer equipment with care
- Leave all food and drink outside of the Computer Lab
- Reserve cell phone use for outside the lab
- Log-in using your Compton College email and password
- Comply with all proper use requirements, including ethical and legal use of software
- Always log off and turn off the computer (CPU) when you have finished your session
Your academic success is our number one priority. Please speak to an SSC staff member for questions or concerns regarding the use of the SSC computer facility.