Welcome to the Compton College Police Department
The Police Department at Compton College provides police and safety services to the Compton College community. We are dedicated to working in partnership with the campus community to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for our students, faculty, staff and visitors. Your safety and well being is always our top priority.
The Compton College Police Department is a law enforcement agency that fully subscribes to the standards of the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.
The mission of the Compton College District Police Department, in partnership with
the college community, is to deliver quality services with commitment, compassion,
This provides a safe and secure educational environment, ensuring an enhanced quality of life on campus. We accomplish this through knowledge, community policing and high moral and ethical standards.
Incident Report & Referral Form
- Non-Emergencies: Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. [ (310) 900-1600, ext. 2790
- Emergencies and After-Hours: 310-605-6500
- All 911 calls will be directed to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
Helpful LinksPolice Department Manual
Safety RemindersThe safety and well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors is always a primary concern at Compton College.
- In an emergency, contact campus police 24/7 by calling 911 from any phone on campus; or by calling 310-900-1600, ext. 2999 from a cell phone.
- Blue Emergency Poles are located throughout the campus, in case of emergency, press the red help button which will route you to LASD Compton Station. For information, press the silver button which will route you to Campus Police dispatch.
- Night students and faculty are encouraged to park in the same general area as other faculty or students with night classes in their building; this provides the opportunity for a group of students and faculty to walk to their cars after dark.
- Immediately report any suspicious activity to campus police.
- Help Put a Stop to Unlawful Activity ("We Tip" PDF)
The Compton College Police Department is now available for chatting and meetings on Cranium Cafe. You can reach us through our Cranium Cards below.
Video chat with Police Services on Cranium Cafe
Compton College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment to students,
staff, faculty and visitors. We know that safety is important, and Campus Police are
taking the necessary steps to keep Compton College safe. Your input and questions
regarding the safety of our campus can help us do the best job possible.
Have a question for Campus Police?
This online inquiry form is specifically for questions, comments and concerns regarding the safety of the Compton College campus.
If you have a question that falls under one of the topics listed above, please submit this form. The Compton College Police Department may be contacted at 310-900-1600, ext. 2790.
NOTE: Please DO NOT use this form for filing a complaint against department personnel, asking questions about Compton College classes/schedules, college hours, or non-police department topics.
Thank you for your input and questions.