Compton College Emergency Procedures
Dial 911 from any campus phone; for Compton College Police "911 emergencies" from
mobile phones, call 310-900-1600, ext. 2999.
All members of the campus community are strongly encouraged to read and understand these procedures BEFORE an emergency occurs.
Be prepared: Please re-familiarize yourself with these procedures on a regular basis.
BEFORE THE EMERGENCY
- Be aware of your surroundings and stay prepared.
- Find your primary AND secondary exits.
- Identify your location's evacuation area. (Contact the instructor or Building Captain)
- Take note of the nearest fire alarm pull station, emergency phones, office phones, and campus pay phones.
- Have personal contact information handy.
- Keep halls and exits clear.
- Correct or report hazardous conditions.
- Individuals with disabilities should use the "buddy system" to identify others available to provide assistance. At least two "buddies" should be identified at the beginning of each class, term, project, or job-ask your instructor or supervisor, or contact the Special Resource Center.
COMPTON COLLEGE CAMPUS POLICE "ACTIVE SHOOTER RESPONSE AND GUIDELINES FOR CAMPUS SAFETY" (PDF)
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY "HOW TO RESPOND WHEN AN ACTIVE SHOOTER IS IN YOUR VICINITY" (PDF)
SURVIVING AN ACTIVE SHOOTER - Video
COMPTON COLLEGE EMERGENCY OPERATIONS
PANDEMIC OUTBREAK - EMERGENCY PREAREDNESS PLAN
RECEIVE COMMUNITY INFORMATION INSTANTLY
HAVE MESSAGES SENT VIA TEXT MESSAGE OR EMAIL.
Receive community information instantly. It's quick, easy and secure.
SIGN UP AT NIXLE.COM TODAY!
Or simply text CCPD1 to 888777 and receive real-time alerts and advisories directly from the Compton College Police Department. There is no charge for registering, but standard text messaging rates associated with your mobile phone service will apply. You can opt out at anytime by texting "STOP" to 888777.
Browse NIXLE FAQs >>