Members of the STEM Club create projects applying ideas learned in STEM classes. Students who participate in these projects gain knowledge of the manufacturing and engineering process: planning, designing, prototyping, and testing.
- The club created a compost bin, which will be used to create compost to use it to create an organic garden.
- Model Rocket Launch Competition - an event for the school community that launched model kit rockets.
- 2020-2021 Projects
Project Name Summary Rockets The goal of the project is to develop skills to launch a 20-foot rocket up towards the Karman line. We started with small model rockets, will be moving to alpha rockets, and we eventually start working with the Compton Comet. Greenhouse We plan to use Compton College's greenhouse to grow food through various methods; we want to have a balance between growing with soil and hydroponic techniques. We are also working on composting, designing an irrigation system, and then moving to hydroponics. High Altitude Balloon We have launched before and have gotten great results, but there is always room for improvement, for example, working with LMU and launching one of their CubeSat with our Balloon.
- New projects are always welcome!
- CSU Long Beach Rocket Club Tours
- Waldo Stakes Ranch, Apple Valley, California
- Mojave Test Area
- Networking activities
- Reaction Research Society - Group of individuals with extensive knowledge in Rockets
- Peer Mentoring
- Prepare you with research opportunities for growth
- Provides hands-on experienceSoldering and Arduino
- Allows you to grow in leadership positions
- Program Management Experience
- Improve your presentation skills; previous members have presented to the RRS, Chapman University, Compton College High School Principle Breakfast and Science Symposium
- Meeting & Contact Information
- Officers & Advisors