Student Council for Compton College
All Compton College students are members of the Associated Student Government (ASG). Their governing group, the ASG Student Council, are elected officers that play an important role in determining how student activity fees will be used to coordinating Compton College activities and representing student views on relative issues.
ASG, in conjunction with the Office of Student Development, hosts annual events on campus for students throughout the year, such as Black History Month, Latinx Heritage Month, and ASG Banquet.
For more information about ASG sponsored events on campus, click here.
2023-2024 Student Council Officers
The Associated Student Government elects students each Fall to fill 11 Student Council Offices.
Deanelle Amber Fimbres
Commissioner of Activities
Commissioner of Athletics
Commissioner of Classes & Curriculum
Meghan Kelsey Moore
Commissioner of Clubs & Organizations
Commissioner of Environment
Commissioner of Financial Aid
Commissioner of Public Relations
Azharriya Jahlyn Ewell
Cerenity Oceal Reid
The eligibility requirements to hold an ASG office are:
- Be enrolled in 6 or more units
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Cannot have completed more than seventy (70) or more units of college work at Compton College, or its equivalent
Student Council Meetings
The student council holds hybrid meetings every other Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. via Zoom and in-person in the Office of Student Development Conference Room (R-61).All Compton College students are invited to attend.
ASG Meeting Agendas and Minutes - Not available at this time.
ASG Constitution - Click here (PDF).
Apply for ASG
Benefits of joining ASG:
- Emerging Leadership Institute
- Topics include public speaking, professional soft skills, networking, project & time management, and more.
- Budget Experience
- Work alongside ASG to oversee a budget for support student success through opportunities and events. You will have direct input on how the money gets spent.
- Event Planning Experience
- Create events that enrich the student life experience for all students.
- Shared Governance
- ASG is involved in the discussions and committees with faculty, staff, and administration to discuss how Compton College can support students.
- Competitive for Transferring to a University
- Leadership experience to put on a personal statement, resume, or university application can make you more competitive in admissions decisions.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation from Office of Student Development for university applications.
Are you a student or full-time employee at Compton College interested in being part of a club?
Click here to get our Club Charter Packet, which has all the information needed to start your own club.
310-900-1600, Ext. 2802
R-61 (near the Bookstore)
Join our contact list here.