Become an Embedded Coach
- Being an EC Coach is an invaluable experience for future educators, managers, C.E.O.s, and entrepreneurs.
- Refine leadership, public speaking, and instructional skills.
- Learn to manage and motivate people.
- Develop collegiate camaraderie, build self-confidence, and become a more efficient learner.
- Improve your listening, administrative, and organizational abilities.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy interacting with peers.
- Have taken or plan on taking the Tutor Training 200 course.
- Have a strong understanding of the curriculum in the course you want to coach, demonstrated by a passing grade of B or better.
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, staff, and faculty.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Assist students with course content and academic development.
- Attend all class lectures: 3-5 hours per week.
- Plan and facilitate sessions that take place outside of class.
- Promote the EC sessions to the class.
- Help students refine learning skills such as note taking, test preparation, problem solving, organization, and group studying.
- Maintain attendance records and submit required paperwork.
- Develop and maintain working partnership with instructor.
- Attend mandatory trainings and meetings.