L-SSC Computer Lab
The L-SSC has a new, sophisticated, central, instructional computer lab which includes state-of-the-art computers connected to our network. The computer Lab is located on the second floor of the L-SSC and is designated for registered Compton College students. The computer lab contains 100 personal computer systems-- interconnected via a high-speed, Ethernet network--pay for print stations, and copy machines. In addition, the computer lab offers a wide array of software including the latest MS Office package, desktop publishing.
A valid MyCompton username and password ID are required to use and access any of the computers in the computer lab. All computers have student network access to pay for print, email, and the Internet. Instructional Assistants are available to provide instructional support to students and faculty during the hours of operation.
NEW! IN-PERSON Computer Lab Services
Walk-ins are welcome, but appointment-booking is highly encouraged for efficiency and sanitation purposes.
Click here to reserve a computer. Please review the following guidelines prior to making a reservation.
- Appointments are first come first serve.
- The spring 2022 SSC Computer Lab hours of operation are Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The computer lab is closed Saturday and Sunday.
- The maximum allotted time for computer usage is 2 consecutive hours, per day.
- Students are permitted 2 "No Show" computer lab reservations per month. Students who exceed this limit will lose their ability to reserve a computer in the future.
- All students must wear a mask at all times and practice safe social distancing inside the SSC Computer Lab.
- All employees and students are required to follow the Entry to Campus Protocol, including
completing the online Wellness Questionnaire via MyCompton, within 12 hours of their
scheduled arrival time. Upon entry to campus, everyone is subject to a temperature
screening. Employees and students then proceed to Lot A, where Entry to Campus Support
Staff checks to make sure the individual is approved to be on campus based on the
daily Entry to Campus Report and has completed the survey. Please be sure to follow
the protocol as it is a requirement of the Compton College Safe Return to Campus plan.
L-SSC Computer Lab Proper Etiquette:
- Treat all computer equipment with care
- Leave all food and drink outside of the L-SSC building
- Reserve cell phone use for outside the lab
- Arrange for childcare while using the lab and L-SSC services
- Log-in using your Compton College email and password
- Refrain from altering the network software or data
- Comply with all proper use requirements, including ethical and legal use of software
- Always log off and turn off the computer (CPU) when you have finished your session
Your academic success is our number one priority. Please speak to an SSC staff member for questions or concerns regarding the use of the SSC computer facility.