Student Success Center (SSC)
The Student Success Center (SSC) is located on the second floor of the Library-Student Success Center (L-SSC) building. Please review the information below prior to your visit.
In-person SSC Services
The SSC offers in-person tutoring, computer lab, and study room usage. Walk-ins are welcome, but appointment-booking is highly encouraged.
Study Jam Sessions
Click here to schedule an in-person tutoring session. Please review the following guidelines before scheduling an appointment.
- The SSC offers in-person tutoring for the following subjects: English (reading and writing), math (all levels), chemistry, anatomy, chemistry, engineering, ESL, Spanish, anthropology, political science, and history.
- Spring 2022 in-person tutoring hours of operation are Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and Friday: 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. The SSC is closed Saturday and Sunday. See online tutoring schedules for additional assistance.
- The maximum allotted time for in-person tutoring is 2 consecutive hours, per subject, per day.
- Students are permitted 2 "No Show" in-person tutoring appointments per month. Students who exceed this limit will lose their ability to self-schedule future in-person tutoring appointments.
- Students must wear a mask at all times and practice reasonable social distancing during their tutoring session.
- Thank you for using the SSC reservation system. If you have additional questions about SSC services, please email email@example.com, or call (310) 900-1600 ext. 2535.
Click here to reserve a computer in the SSC Computer Lab. Please review the following guidelines prior to reserving a computer:
- The Spring 2022 SSC Computer Lab hours of operation are Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., and Friday: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. The computer lab is closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Students are permitted 2 "No Show" computer lab reservations per month. Students who exceed this limit will lose their ability to reserve a computer in the future.
- All students must wear a mask at all times and practice safe social distancing inside the SSC Computer Lab.
Call the SSC Front Desk to reserve a study room: (310) 900-1600 ext. 2535.
- Appointments are first come first serve.
- Study rooms are single serving. NO GROUP STUDY ALLOWED.
- Students are permitted 2 "No Show" study room reservations per month. Students who exceed this limit will lose their ability to reserve a study room in the future.
- All students must wear a mask at all times and practice safe social distancing inside the SSC.
In addition to in-person tutoring, the SSC offers online tutoring via Zoom and NetTutor.
Students can join Zoom online group tutoring sessions by clicking on a tutor's Zoom link directly. Please click on the appropriate tutoring support page below to access schedules and for detailed online tutoring guidelines:
The CCC's California Virtual Campus-Online Education Initiative (CVC-OEI) partnered with Link-Systems International Inc. to offer tutoring resources that augment local college tutoring services. Currently, NetTutor allows the SSC to extend its support services beyond what is available on ground; specifically, for high-demand subjects such as statistics, chemistry, anatomy, and English. NetTutor is available year-round, 24/7, on demand for live tutoring, question drop-off, and writing feedback. â€‹Like Compton College SSC tutors, NetTutor tutors are highly-qualified and trained to College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) standards.
Students must access NetTutor through Canvas. Click here for more information about NetTutor online tutoring services.
We encourage students to visit the STEM Center page for more information about online support services for students in the STEM program.
We thank you for your patience as we work to improve academic support services for Compton College students. We encourage students to check this page regularly for updates and announcements. Students can email SSC staff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students can also contact the SSC Coordinator directly via the Cranium Cafe Card below.
The mission of the Library-Student Success Center (L-SSC) is to maintain a welcoming and supportive atmosphere where all students at Compton College can become aware of and achieve their specific academic goals. Student's commitment to lifelong learning is cultivated through diverse and active learning experiences and collaboration with peers, tutors, staff, and faculty. The L-SSC provides resources and services that foster and promote both intellectual development and independent learning.