The Compton College Library strives to maintain a clean, pest free, environment for all users that is conducive to academic learning. Users whose behavior disrupts this atmosphere will be asked to leave the building. Library users are required to follow directions of Library Staff.
Therefore, all users are required to abide by the following policies to ensure maximum study experience for all:
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Practice safe social distancing by following markers on floor, furniture, and equipment.
- Respect all other users and library staff.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the building. Violators may be asked to leave the building.
- No loud talking. Keep conversations to a minimal inside voice.
- Use earphones to listen to electronic devices
- No cell phone conversations in the Library.
- No moving or rearranging of furniture
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Parents/Guardians must remove disruptive children from the library so that a quiet atmosphere is maintained.
- Use of the Library computer lab is currently unavailable. The open computer lab on the 2nd floor is available for general use through reservation online.
- Do not use computers in ways that violate state or federal laws or college policies.
- Do not film or photograph library users or employees without their knowledge or consent.
- Animals are not allowed with the exception of service animals assisting individuals with disabilities.
- No bikes and motorized carts are allowed into the building; other than strollers and vehicles used by persons with disabilities, Wheeled vehicles, including skateboards are not permitted into the library unless carried as personal property.
- Posting of unauthorized materials, vending, peddling, panhandling, or distribution of literature within the building is not allowed.
- Using the building for sleeping is prohibited
- The Library is not responsible for personal belongings left unattended
Also please read: