Get around for less with Compton College U-Pass!
Compton College's Fall 2021/Winter 2022 U-Pass is $42.75 - good from October 11, 2021 to February 20, 2022.
To qualify for a U-Pass Card, you must be currently enrolled at Compton College.
The U-Pass Card is good for unlimited rides on Metro bus and rail, Culver CityBus, GTrans, LADOT-DASH, Torrance Transit, Long Beach Transit, Montebello Bus Lines, Norwalk Transit, Gardena Transit, and Santa Monica Big Blue Bus for Fall 2021 and Winter 2022.
Your Compton College U-Pass works like a TAP card; just tap the target each time you board a Metro bus or train.
Loaded Stored Value to ride the other 25 transit systems throughout LA County that accept TAP cards. For a list of transit systems, visit taptogo.net.
What are the benefits of a Metro U-Pass?
- Compton College students who purchase a Metro U-Pass will be able to ride on the Metro, including Metro Express Buses and the Metro Silver Line, as well as the GTrans (Gardena bus lines), Long Beach Transit and Torrance Transit.
- In comparison to a Metro 30-Day Pass with Zones, the Metro U-Pass is 69% cheaper. It is also valid for rides on GTrans, as well as Long Beach and Torrance transit lines, unlike the Metro 30-Day Pass.
- The Metro U-Pass will cover public transportation costs on the Metro, GTrans, and
Long Beach and Torrance transit lines throughout the fall 2021 semester and winter
2022 term, as well as the beginning of spring 2022 semester.
Who is eligible?
- Compton College students enrolled in a minimum of six units for the fall 2021 semester.
When and where can I purchase a Metro U-Pass?
Beginning October 11, 2021, students may go online to purchase a Fall 2021/Winter
How do I purchase a Metro U-Pass?
- Complete the Compton College U-Pass Student Information Form.
- Email the form completion screen on your smart device to Bursar@compton.edu.
- Purchase the Metro U-Pass online and the U-Pass will be mailed to you. Make sure your address is correct in Banner.
How much does the Metro U-Pass cost?
Metro U-Pass pricing varies depending on date of purchase. See chart below for the prorated price sheet.
Reminder there is an additional $2 sticker fee. Refunds will not be issued.
May I use my financial aid to purchase a Metro U-Pass?
Yes! Once students receive their financial aid disbursement, they may use their funding
to purchase education-related expenses, including transportation costs.
What happens if my Metro U-Pass is lost or stolen?
- Contact the Bursar's Office to get a replacement U-Pass sticker for $2
- The Bursar's Office will deactivate the lost U-Pass sticker
- For more information about the Metro U-Pass at Compton College, contact the Bursar's Office (C-36) 310-900-1600, ext. 2104
- For information about how to use the Metro U-Pass to register for the Metro's Bike Program, visit https://www.metro.net/riding/bikes/.