FEES, TUITION, & REFUNDS
California residents pay only $46 per unit for classes!
The enrollment fee is state mandated. Students concurrently enrolled in high school are not required to pay the enrollment fee.
|$46 per unit|
|Credit by Examination Fee||$46 per unit|
|Auditing Fee||$15 per unit|
|Health Fee*^||$19 each semester (Fall, Spring)
$16 per intersession (Winter, Summer)
|Student Activities Fee (Optional*)
*Students may opt out of the Student Activities Sticker within the first two weeks of the semester. To opt-out, please email the Office of Student Development at email@example.com.
Click here for Student Photo ID and ASG Sticker information.
|Student Representation Fee
Any student wishing not to pay the Student Representation Fee may request to waive the fee at the Admissions & Records Office. The request must be submitted prior to the earliest refund deadline for the student's enrolled classes.
|$2 per semester (Fall and Spring only)|
|Instructional Materials Fee
Certain courses require a nominal fee for materials provided to students during the course of the semester. Please refer to Schedule of Classes.
|Amount specific to course (may vary)
To determine if an instructional materials fee is required and the amount, refer to the listing of courses in the Schedule of Classes
Visit the Parking Information webpage for details.
|Transcript/Verification Fee||First Two Copies - No Charge (in any combination with Verification/Transcript)
Additional Copies - $6 each
Emergency Requests (request in-person only) - $9 each
*No same day processing available.
|College Catalog||$5 in Bookstore
$7 by U.S. Mail
*Health Fee Exceptions: Students who depend exclusively upon prayer for healing in accordance with the teachings
of a bonafide religious sect, denomination or organization.
^ Health Fee Exemption: Part-time dual enrolled high school students are not required to pay the Health Fee.
Students who have lived in California less than a year (prior to the first day of instruction) and those who hold certain non-immigrant visas that preclude them from establishing California residency must pay out-of-state tuition and the enrollment fee.
$320 per unit
plus $46 per unit
Enrollment Fee Refunds:
- Students must drop their classes online at MyCompton, according to the Academic Calendar. Consult the short term calendar for classes that meet less than 16-weeks.
- Refunds will be issued through BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. before the end of the semester. For more information about BankMobile Disbursements, and to select your refund preference, visit link: bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/.
- If your address has changed, please update your address in MyCompton or submit a Change of Address Form via email to the Admissions & Records Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) using your @compton.edu email.
Health Fee Refunds:
Health Fee Refunds are only granted when a student withdraws from all courses prior to the close of the second week of the term.
Nonresident Tuition Refund: Summer 2022
- First Six-Week Session: Thursday, June 23, 2022, for 100% refund
- Eight-Week Session: Monday June 27, 2022, for 100% refund
- Second Six-Week Session: Monday, July 11, 2022 for 100% refund.
Please note: 100 percent refund for requests filed before or during the first calendar
Admission in Error of Nonresident Students:
A nonresident student subject to payment of nonresident fee, who has been admitted to a class or classes in error without payment of fee, shall be excluded from such class or classes upon notification and pending payment of the fee. For the purpose of this rule only, notification consists of oral or written advice from the Admissions & Records Office to the student prior to the end of the sixth week of the semester, session or period of enrollment.
No Parking Permit Refunds
Refunds for less than $1.00 will not be mailed.