SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS (STEM) CENTER
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Access is limited to Compton College, but we're here to help in many ways.
- While the majority of student support services remain online, students may make an appointment to utilize the Student Health Center and Enrollment Services in Tartar Village. Walk-in services are available at the Library-Student Success Center, and the Bookstore is open for students and employees.
- The majority of classes will remain online for Fall 2021 and Winter 2022. There will be limited in-person labs and classes on campus. Please refer to the class schedule for details.
- Community members may use the track Monday-Friday, 4:00-9:00 a.m.
- Visit the Compton College COVID-19 webpage for more information.
Please remember to follow these health and safety protocols:
- Only employees, students, construction workers, and approved individuals may enter (and remain) on campus.
- Students, please refer to the Student Information and Communications webpage for current Entry to Campus Protocol.
- Face coverings are required on campus.
L-SSC 221 (INSIDE THE COMPUTER LAB)
310-900-1600, EXT. 2544
|HOURS OF OPERATION|
|MONDAY||8:00AM TO 4:30PM|
|TUESDAY||8:00AM TO 4:30PM|
|WEDNESDAY||8:00AM TO 4:30PM|
|THURSDAY||8:00AM TO 4:30PM|
|FRIDAY||8:00AM TO 4:30PM|
The STEM Center provides support to students who are majoring in mathematics, physics, engineering, biology and physical sciences so they can excel academically and transfer to four-year institutions.
NEW! IN-PERSON SERVICES
Starting September 27, 2021, the STEM Center will be offering in-person services.
You can stop by the STEM Center to use the Study Space and Resources (use books, computers, print and more).
- In-person hours: Monday - Wednesday 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Appointments: Schedule an In-Person Appointment by clicking here.
- Walk-ins are welcome, but appointment booking is highly encouraged for efficiency and sanitation purpose.
- Appointments are first-come, first-serve
- The maximum allotted time to use the STEM Center is two consecutive hours per day, but note that the library and computer lab are also open for in-person services.
- Safety: All students must wear a mask at all times and practice safe social distancing inside the STEM Center.
While on campus, everyone is expected to follow specific protocols to help ensure the health and safety of the Compton College community and the public.
- Face coverings are required at all times.
- Everyone must have their temperature screened when arriving on campus.
- Students must complete an online Wellness Questionnaire within 12 hours of their scheduled
arrival time. Example: For an 8:30 am. Monday appointment â€“ complete the survey between
8:30 pm Sunday and 8:29 am. Monday.
- Click here to access the online questionnaire.
- Everyone must practice physical distancing, in addition to the following:
- If you are feeling sick or experiencing any symptoms listed in the wellness survey, remain at home and call 424-348-1217 to reschedule your appointment.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Ensure your mask covers your nose and mouth.
- Tutoring: All tutoring and workshops will remain via zoom; check out our schedule here
WHAT DOES THE CENTER OFFER?
- Study Center
- Tutoring and Academic Excellence Workshops in mathematics, physics, and chemistry
- Access to Books & Computers
- Career planning and assistance with the transfer process
- Internship and Summer Enrichment assistance
- Professional Development Workshops
- Declare a transfer major in math or science-based field
HOW CAN I USE THE SERVICES?
- During campus closure please contact us at: email@example.com
- Want to receive more information about the STEM Center? Submit a STEM Center Info Card by
MEET SOME OF OUR STUDENTS
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION?
Chat with our STEM Center staff.
2019 Compton College Commencement