Transfer & CAreer Center APPOINTMENTS
The Transfer & Career Center is here to provide the support and information you need to make informed decisions about your education. The online appointment allows students to connect with a Counselor and complete all services that are available in the traditional, in-person counseling appointment format. Counselors care about you as a whole person and are here to guide, listen and provide motivation when you need some extra encouragement. Most importantly, your Counselor is committed to helping you be successful.
Due to COVID-19 and the current campus closure, there is limited access to transcripts submitted to the Admissions & Records office at Compton College. However, if you have copies of your unofficial transcripts, please email them to the Counselor you are chatting with. Additionally, we recommend you log into your other college portal, if you still have access, while sharing your screen, and we can view your transcripts together. If you schedule an appointment with a Counselor, you can attach transcripts as well.
- To schedule a virtual counseling appointment please click on "Make an Appointment" or click on "Schedule Meeting". The "Schedule Meeting" is the calendar icon on the bottom right hand side of each counselor's card.
- Make sure your device has a webcam and microphone to communicate with the counselor.
- At the time of your appointment, go to the link that was provided in the appointment confirmation (please check your Compton College email).
- Click on Auto Login with the Compton College logo.
- If the counselor is in session with another student, you will be required to wait in the LOBBY. Once the counselor is ready for your appointment, you will be added to the next session.
- Please do not engage in videoconferencing while you are driving.
- Wear proper attire.
- Make sure there is proper lighting in the room.
- Make sure there is little to no background noise.
- Have a headset with microphone ready (your cell phone headset will work).
- Avoid interruptions â€“ Do not answer phone calls, text or surf the web during the appointment.
- Be respectful when communicating with your counselor.