Counselors are here to provide the support and information you need to make informed decisions about your education. Counselors care about you as a whole person and are here to guide, listen and provide motivation when you need some extra encouragement. Most importantly, your Counselor is committed to helping you be successful.
REASONS TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- Student educational plans, planning for 1-2 semesters or 3+ semesters
- Evaluation of college transcripts for academic planning
- Graduation check
- Career Counseling
Please Note: You can walk-in and meet with a Counselor beginning December 16, 2019 - February 13, 2020. No appointment necessary.
Winter 2020 Hours (December 16 - January 3)
|8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Winter 2020 Hours (January 6 - February 13)
8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
|8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.||
*8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 24, 2019: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m
- Friday, January 31, 2019: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m
- Friday, February 7, 2019: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 22, 2019: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Most counseling appointments will take place in the Administration Building.
However, if you're meeting with the following counselors, please note their office locations.
- Desiree Ramirez, Student Success Center, Room 201
- Noemi Monterroso, First Year Experience, F-10
- Shay Brown, Athletics Office, Building W
- Rosa Carrillo, Transfer & Career Center, D-29
- Theresa Barragan-Echeverria, Transfer & Career Center, D-29
- David Turcotte, Vocational Technology Building, Room 115
DO YOU HAVE A QUICK QUESTION THAT YOU NEED ANSWERED TODAY?
Express Counseling is available in the counseling office. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to closing and bring copies of transcripts to Express Counseling is on a first-come, first-served, walk-in basis and open to new, current, and returning students who have a Compton College student ID number. For Express Counseling, please read Reasons To See An Express Counselor:
REASONS TO SEE AN EXPRESS COUNSELOR
- Assistance with filing for a degree/Graduation Petition - Compton College transcripts only
- Ask quick academic counseling questions
- Obtain prerequisite clearances
- Discuss general information about a Certificate and/or AA/AS programs
- Discuss general information about transfer admission requirements (i.e. CSU, UC or private universities admission requirements)
- Referrals to other programs and services