Who are Compton College's Student Ambassadors?
Student Ambassadors staff the Transfer and Career Center along with going out in the community helping new and returning students with their application, orientation, class registration and more! All Student Ambassadors are trained to assist students with issues relating to completing the steps of enrollment (as mentioned above), navigating MyCompton, assisting with transfer applications and general information about the college and our programs.
Student Ambassador Applications are being accepted on an on-going basis!
Who are the Student Ambassadors?
- You are a leader and you get the opportunity to inspire others
- You are a role model for K-12 and other prospective students
- You are part of a group of extraordinary people â€“ some of the finest students that Compton College has to offer â€“ joined by an appreciation and love of service
- You represent Compton College on and off the clock
- As a Student Ambassador, you are expected to go above and beyond what is typically expected of you
- You make a difference on campus and in the lives of prospective students
- You are consistently and cheerfully informative
- Completed Application
- Resume and cover letter
- Unofficial Compton College (or high school for incoming freshman) transcripts and current schedule
- Present a 5 minute presentation on how to improve the Welcome/Transfer/Career Centers
- Maintain full-time enrollment status (12 units per Fall and Spring semesters)
- Have and maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at Compton College
- Eligible for Federal Work Study (FWS) or CalWORKs
- Have a reliable means of transportation
- Able to work some weekend and evening events
- Staff the open computer lab in the Transfer and Career Center assisting students with completing the steps to enrollment, navigating MyCompton, apply for transfer and more
- Attend fairs and other outreach events at local high schools and throughout the community
- Conduct campus tours to new and prospective students along with community members
- Attend and/or conduct Compton College information sessions, application workshops, and registration workshops
- Assist Welcome/Transfer/Career Center staff with other various assignments
- Monthly pay at $12.00/hour with a maximum of 15-20 hours per week