Continuing Student Who did not submit the Authorization and Consent to Release Form
If you did not submit an Authorization and Consent Form to release your academic records to Compton College, then the process is as follows:
- Apply to Compton College via CCCApply
There is no "reapplying." It is an all-new application
STUDENT EMAIL AND MYCOMPTON PORTAL
After you apply. you are assigned a free student email account through Microsoft's Office 365 for Education. Your student email address acts as your login to your Office 365 account and the MyCompton portal.
MyCompton is our online portal that allows you to view your registration date, register for classes, access your student email, add or drop classes, purchase a parking permit, pay fees, view your financial aid status, and much more.
You are required to activate your Office 365 account in order to log into the MyCompton portal, where you will register for Summer 2019 classes and access additional Student Services.
Click on MyCompton link to activate your Office 365 account: MyCompton
Your temporary password for Office 365 is a capital "A" followed by a lowercase "a" combined with your birthdate - "YY" (last two digits of the year), "MM" (for the month), and "DD" (for the day), followed by an exclamation point: AaYYMMDD!
For example, if your birthdate is January 6, 2009, your temporary password is Aa090106!
SUMMER 2019 REGISTRATION
Registration for summer 2019 begins May 14 via MyCompton.
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- Select "Register for Classes" and select the appropriate term.
- Once you find a course and select ADD, it will show the course in your Summary with a status of "Pending." To process the request, press SUBMIT.
- If a linked discussion or lab section is required, please ensure all linked sections are in your Summary before you click SUBMIT. If there is room in the class, and you meet all requirements, the course status will now read "Registered."
- Select "Schedule and Options" to view your final class If you would like to print your schedule or email yourself a calendar invite, use the icons at the top right.
Refer to the fee payment deadlines published in the class schedule to avoid being dropped from all of your classes.
If you receive a notice that a prerequisite clearance is needed, please see a Counselor
Visit the Counseling webpage for hours and appointment information: www.compton.edu/studentservices/supportservices/counseling/
Click here for a list of new Compton College course #s compared to ECC course #s. (PDF)