Compton College Promise Program
The Compton College Oliver W. Conner Promise Program was established to make a college education more accessible and affordable to high school graduates from the Compton, Lynwood and Paramount Unified school districts.
Through the Compton Promise, high school graduates who attend Compton College full-time (12 units) beginning the fall immediately after graduation will have enrollment fees waived for the first year. This means enrollment fees for the fall semester, winter term, spring semester and summer term at Compton College will be paid during that one-year period.
The Compton Promise includes the following benefits for eligible students:
- Guaranteed admissions to Compton College.
- Provides up to $400 per year for textbooks and course materials and supplies.
- Assistance with the registration steps necessary for full-time enrollment at Compton College.
- Priority registration at Compton College before graduating from high school for CUSD, LUSD, and PUSD seniors.
- Opportunities to participate in support programs such as the First Year Experience (FYE) and Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) for additional resources to successfully navigate through Compton College and beyond.
- Assistance with the completion of a Financial Fit Plan to help high school graduates access all available financial aid to help pay for college.
- Summer Bridge classes at Compton College for recent high school graduates to assist with a successful transition to college level courses.
The Compton Promise began in fall 2018 for Compton Unified School District (CUSD) graduates. Compton College has finalized additional College Promise partnerships with both the Lynwood Unified School District (LUSD) and Paramount Unified School District (PUSD). A full year of enrollment fees at Compton College will be waived for LUSD and PUSD graduates beginning in fall 2019.
Daisy D. Alfaro, Ph.D.
Outreach and College Promise Coordinator
310-900-1600, ext. 2767
More information on the National College Promise Movement.