L-SSC Computer Lab
- Compton College is closed through June 12, 2020. Only essential personnel are allowed on campus, as scheduled.
- Alternative academic instruction will continue through the remainder of the spring 2020 semester.
- Visit the Compton College COVID-19 webpage for more information.
The L-SSC has a new, sophisticated, central, instructional computer lab which includes state-of-the-art computers connected to our network. The L-SSC computer lab is designated for registered Compton College students. The computer lab contains 100 personal computer systems-- interconnected via a high-speed, Ethernet network--pay for print stations, and copy machines. In addition, the computer lab offers a wide array of software including the latest MS Office package, desktop publishing, and web-based learning modules including Rosetta Stone.
A valid MyCompton username and password ID are required to use and access any of the computers in the computer lab. All computers have student network access to pay for print, email, and the Internet. Instructional Assistants are available to provide instructional support to students and faculty during the hours of operation.
L-SSC Computer Lab Proper Etiquette:
- Treat all computer equipment with care
- Leave all food and drink outside of the L-SSC building
- Reserve cell phone use for outside the lab
- Arrange for childcare while using the lab and L-SSC services
- Log-in using your complete name and valid Compton College ID number
- Refrain from altering the network software or data
- Comply with all proper use requirements, including ethical and legal use of software
- Always log off and turn off the computer (CPU) when you have finished your session
Your academic success is our number one priority. Please speak to an L-SSC staff member for questions or concerns regarding the use of the L-SSC computer facility.