- Childhood Development (pending)
- Nursing (pending)
- COVID-19 (pending)
- Black Lives Matter (pending)
Brief video tutorials on college library research tools are available below. All videos
listed are captioned.
Click on the desired link to view the video in YouTube.
More videos to be added. Check back here for updates!
Visit JSTOR: Research Basics for a self-paced, introductory tutorial that will teach you basic research concepts needed to prepare for college-level research. Each module concludes with an assessment to test your knowledge.
Research & Literacy Tools
Visit the Read&Write (R&W) Software Installation page to learn how to download and install R&W onto your computer! R&W is available as a full-featured floating toolbar or Chrome browser extension.
R&W offers multiple tools to support reading, writing, and study of online text and documents, including webpages, database articles, Word documents and PDFs.
Notable features include:
- Read aloud for web pages and documents, with a choice of natural voices, speed, and volume
- Record and save option for read aloud text as audio file
- Speech to text for hands-free writing
- Screen masking
- Highlighting text, with ability to save highlighted text as notes
- Text and picture dictionaries
- Word prediction