DIVERISTY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Compton College recognizes that equity, diversity, and inclusion in the academic environment and workplace foster cultural awareness, promote mutual understanding and respect, and provide room for personal and professional growth. Our commitment to these principles is embedded in our mission statement, Board Resolution, policies and procedures, Equal Employment Opportunity Plan, and Human Resources Staffing Plan.
We have developed a series of action plans in alignment with the recommendations by the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force, the USC Center for Urban Education, and the USC Race and Equity Center. Further information about the plans can be found below under "Resources." At Compton College, we continue to strive for a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus as part of our commitment to educational excellence and professional development. Thoughtful feedback, insight, strategies, and solutions are warmly welcomed.
- Resolution #06-16-2020F Affirming Compton Community College District Committment to Faculty and Staff Diversity
- Resolution #06-16-2020F Affirming CCCD Committment to Faculty and Staff Diversity - Action Plan
- Faculty and Administrator Hiring Report by USC Center for Urban Education
- Faculty and Administrator Hiring Action Plan
- 2024 Human Resources Staffing Plan
- 2020 Chancellor's Office Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force Report
Director of Diversity, Compliance, and Title IX
(310) 900-1600 ext. 2144