Header Image
Compton College / Campus Information / Compton College Fees


California residents pay only $46 per unit for classes!


Enrollment Fee
The enrollment fee is state mandated. Students concurrently enrolled in high school are not required to pay the enrollment fee.
$46 per unit
Credit by Examination Fee $46 per unit
Auditing Fee $15 per unit
Health Fee*^ $19 each semester (Fall, Spring)
$16 per intersession (Winter, Summer)
Student Activities Fee (Optional*)
*Students may opt out of the Student Activities Fee (also referred to as the ASB Sticker) within the first two weeks of the semester. To opt-out, please email the Office of Student Development at studentdevelopment@compton.edu.
Click here for Student Photo ID and ASB Sticker information.
Instructional Materials Fee
Certain courses require a nominal fee for materials provided to students during the course of the semester.
Please refer to Schedule of Classes.
Amount specific to course (may vary)
To determine if an instructional materials fee is required and the amount, refer to the listing of courses in the Schedule of Classes
Parking Fee (Optional)
Daily permits are available at the yellow permit dispenser machines $3.00 per day.

Automobiles and Motorcycles:
$20 Fall and Spring Semesters
$20 Summer and Winter Terms

Transcript/Verification Fee First Two Copies - No Charge (in any combination with Verification/Transcript)
Additional Copies - $6 each
Emergency Requests (request in-person only) - $9 each

*No same day processing available.

College Catalog $5 in Bookstore
$7 by U.S. Mail

 *Health Fee Exceptions: Students who depend exclusively upon prayer for healing in accordance with the teachings of a bonafide religious sect, denomination or organization.
^ Health Fee Exemption: Part-time dual enrolled high school students are not required to pay the Health Fee.


Non-Resident Tuition
Students who have lived in California less than a year (prior to the first day of instruction) and those who hold certain non-immigrant visas that preclude them from establishing California residency must pay out-of-state tuition and the enrollment fee.

$285 per unit

plus $46 per unit
Click for non-resident tuition information



Enrollment Fee Refunds:

  • Students must drop their classes online at MyCompton, according to the following schedule: Full semester classes must be dropped by Friday, September 6, 2019. Short-term eight week classes starting in the beginning of the semester must be dropped by Friday, August 30, 2019. Consult the short term calendar for classes that meet less than 16-weeks.
  • Refund checks will be mailed before the end of the term.
  • If your address has changed, please update the change on MyCompton or in the Admissions and Records Office.

Health Fee Refunds:

Health Fee Refunds are only granted when a student withdraws from all courses prior to the close of the second week of the term.

Nonresident Tuition Refund:

  • If the request is filed before or during the first calendar week of the semester, 100 percent of the tuition will be refunded.
  • If the request is filed during the second calendar week, 75 percent will be refunded.
  • If the request is filed during the third calendar week, 50 percent will be refunded.
  • If the request is filed during the fourth calendar week, 25 percent will be refunded.
  • Requests filed for summer sessions and short courses of 9 weeks or less in length will apply to the following schedule:

Please note:

- 100 percent refund for requests filed before or during the first calendar week
- 50 percent refund for requests filed during the second calendar week

Admission in Error of Nonresident Students:

A nonresident student subject to payment of nonresident fee, who has been admitted to a class or classes in error without payment of fee, shall be excluded from such class or classes upon notification and pending payment of the fee.  For the purpose of this rule only, notification consists of oral or written advice from the Admissions Office to the student prior to the end of the sixth week of the semester, session or period of enrollment.

Parking Permit Refunds

To receive a refund for a parking permit, you must return your permit to the Bursar's Office (C-36) by the drop deadline.

Refunds for less than $1.00 will not be mailed.

Back to top