Message from the PRESIDENT/CEO
March 23, 2020
I wanted to provide you with an update on Compton College in terms of COVID-19. The Compton CCD Pandemic Outbreak - Emergency Operations Plan guides our response to the possible scenarios that may occur as the COVID-19 situation progresses. As of March 19, 2020, 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time, the California Department of Health reports there are a total of 1,005 positive cases and 19 deaths in California (including one non-California resident). For more information, go to www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.
Compton CCD is now operating at Level Three - Moderate Infection Rate. Recent confirmed case(s) of a community member, and/or family member of student, staff, or faculty within the county. Today, the Compton College Pandemic Coordinators and members of the President/CEO Cabinet met, and below are some updates:
- Compton College will be closed today at noon, rather than 4:30 p.m., through Friday, April 17, 2020.
- Today, we sent a letter via email communication to all Compton Community College District
employees regarding your Employment Duties and Compton Community College District
Operations. A copy of the letter is available here.
- All face-to-face labs and activity classes that could not be converted to an online
format will be canceled for the remainder of the Spring Semester. We will provide
a list of the canceled courses on Monday morning.
- Courses that have already moved to alternative academic instruction will begin on
Saturday, March 21, 2020, and all student support services will be offered online starting Monday, March 23, 2020.
- Students and employees are not allowed on campus for the duration of the stay-at-home executive order. Only critical personnel necessary for essential functions will be allowed on campus. Senior management will communicate with the required employees about their schedules and duties.
Compton College COVID-19 Updates
Please visit the Compton College COVID-19 webpage here for updates.
If you are experiencing distress or anxiety due to the current circumstances, please contact the Employee Assistance Program at (800) 531-0200. We will continue to work through many issues and concerns as it relates to COVID-19.
Keith Curry, Ed.D.
(preferred pronouns: he/him/his)