PRESIDENT/ceo, keith curry
As president, it is my job to ensure that students are prepared for a bright future. I am responsible for promoting student enrollment, success, and retention at Compton College, while working with our vice presidents to develop plans and programs that enhance our academic and student services offerings. Responding to the additional needs of students caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has changed our approach, but our dedication to serve students remains the same.
Students have been impacted by the pandemic in many ways. Some find it difficult to find reliable technology needed to participate in online learning. Others struggle with food and housing insecurity. With that in mind, we stepped in to provide students with free laptop loans, Wi-Fi hotspots, and meals for pick up or delivery. CARES Act emergency grants are also available to eligible students. Connecting with students to learn the best ways to help them has always been a priority for me. If that means mailing computer equipment or delivering healthy meals to their homes, we will do that.
I am personally invested in fulfilling the mission of this institution, which is to offer a welcoming environment where our students are supported to pursue and attain academic and professional excellence. Even though we are unable to meet in person on campus, Compton College offers academic opportunities and support programs in a virtual format, so students continue to have access to quality education that prepares them for the workforce, and provides clear pathways to transfer, completion, and lifelong learning.
It is my privilege to help all students achieve their goals. I invite all who are interested to come talk with me during a virtual forum or join one of my quarterly Tartar Talks. More information is posted below.
President, Compton College
CEO, Compton Community College District
News from the PRESIDENT/CEO
President/CEO Virtual Student Forums
Student Forums will beheld via Zoom Meeting from 1 to 2 p.m. on the following Thursdays:
- September 24, 2020
- October 29, 2020
- December 3, 2020
Click here to access the Zoom Meetings.
Campuswide quarterly updates will continue to be held on the fourth Tuesday of the
designated month from 1-2 p.m.
September 22, 2020
November 24, 2020
February 23, 2021
April 20, 2021
- November 24, 2020 "Tartar Talks" Presentation
- September 22, 2020 "Tartar Talks" Presentation
- August 20, 2020 - Professional Development Day 1 -President/CEO Presentation (PDF)
- May 19, 2020 - "Tartar Talks" Presentation
- February 25, 2020 - "Tartar Talks" Presentation
- February 13, 2020 - Professional Development Day 2 President/CEO Presentation
- November 19, 2019 "Tartar Talks" Presentation
- September 17, 2019 "Tartar Talks" Presentation
- August 22, 209 - Professional Development Day
- April 23, 2019 "Tartar Talks" Presentation
- February 27, 2018 "Tartar Talks" Presentation
- February 8, 2018 - Professional Development Day
- February 6-7, 2019 - Professional Development Days
- August 23, 2018 - Professional Development Day
- April 24, 2018 "Tartar Talks" Presentation
- November 29, 2016 "Tartar Talks" Presentation (PDF)
- September 27, 2016
- August 25, 2016 - Professional Development Day
- April 19, 2016 (PDF)
- October 14, 2020 Community Presentation
- October 13, 2020 Community Presentation
- August 13, 2020 Community Presentation
- April 17, 2019 - Community Meeting Presentation
- October 25, 2018 - Community Summit: Compton College Presentation
- July 14, 2018 - Compton CCD Community Forum Presentation