Statement of Purpose:
The Academic Senate is organized under the provisions of the California Code of Regulations, Title 5, shall represent the faculty and make recommendations to the administration and to the Board with respect to academic and professional matters, so long as the exercise of such functions does not conflict with the lawful collective bargaining agreement.
The Academic Senate's annual goals reflect a commitment to "an effective process of collaboration and collegial consultation conducted with integrity and respect to inform and strengthen decision-making" (Strategic Initiative C).
- Establish a diverse representation on all campus.
- Establish an orientation for Academic Senate.
- Increase communication between Senators and their constituents through increased email contact and regular reporting out during Division.
- Increase faculty attendance and involvement at Academic Senate.
- Assist in the growth of faculty professional development activities on campus.
- Support and assist in the structure and implementation of AB288: Public schools: College and Career Access Pathways Partnership Agreements with local highs.
- Support Strong Workforce efforts on campus.
- Increase transparency and communication between faculty and administration.
Meeting Dates and Location:
1st & 3rd Thursday of every month.
|Fall 2019||Spring 2020|
|September 5||Board Room||February 20||Board Room|
||Board Room||March 5||Board Room|
|October 3||Board Room||March 19||Board Room|
|October 17||Board Room||April 2||Board Room|
|November 7||Board Room||April 16||Board Room|
||Board Room||May 7||Board Room|
|December 5||Board Room||May 21||Board Room|
|June 4||Board Room|
Academic Senate Committee Membership:
|Jesse Millsfirstname.lastname@example.org||Vice Chairperson|
|Sean Mooreemail@example.com||Curriculum Representative|
|Mahbub Khanfirstname.lastname@example.org||Adjunct Representative|
|Jerome Evansemail@example.com||Board Representative|
|Brent Kooimanfirstname.lastname@example.org||Faculty Representative|
|Pamela Richardsonemail@example.com||Faculty Representative|
|Shirley Thomasfirstname.lastname@example.org||Faculty Representative|
|Hoa Phamemail@example.com||Faculty Representative|
|Minodora Moldoveanufirstname.lastname@example.org||Faculty Representative|
|Harvey Estradaemail@example.com||Faculty Representative|
|Malinni Roeunfirstname.lastname@example.org||Faculty Representative|
|Jose Villalobosemail@example.com||Faculty Representative|
|Kent Schwitkisfirstname.lastname@example.org||Faculty Representative|
|Rajinder Sidhuemail@example.com||Faculty Representative|
|Andree Valdryfirstname.lastname@example.org||Faculty Representative|
|Carlos Maruriemail@example.com||Faculty Representative|
|Holly Schumacherfirstname.lastname@example.org||Faculty Representative|
|Paul M. Floremail@example.com||Past Chairperson|